Who I Am
I have 40 years experience in the holistic health field and have been through the ups and downs of chronic illness and know first hand the frustration of trying to find someone who can help you out of what seems to be a never-ending maze.
My Personal Journey
At age 42 I developed chronic fatigue syndrome but at the time Lyme was not something doctors looked for. It took several years to start feeling normal again. To feel so debilitated at such an early age was unnerving – I felt like I was just starting to live! But even though I started to get enough energy to go to acupuncture school, I wasn’t addressing my mouth–the many fillings I had since my early years.
Seventeen years ago shortly after opening my Maryland practice, I got one silver amalgam removed and immediately my head went numb – that was the beginning of a health challenge that took me by surprise. When amalgams are taken out by a dentist insufficiently untrained in mercury removal, one can be in for a nasty experience – Lyme and its coinfections as well as other microbes congregate in the gums and when their little nest has been disturbed they create havoc on the entire system, especially the brain. Because I was forced, I began my search and studied with some of the top physicians on the planet. I take that experience into my practice where I do my best to get people healthy again. It is not a quick-fix process –and as the saying goes, “Sometimes to go slower is to go faster.” It’s vital that a person be tested for compatibility of remedies, binders and drainers. No two people are treated alike as I found out in my journey, it’s important not to be an ostrich. I have developed a compassion and patience for myself and others that I never thought possible.
I’m a licensed acupuncturist and nutritional counselor who helps people of all ages get healthy. I’m a pioneer in needle-free techniques as well as the first practitioner in Maryland to introduce computerized nutritional analysis in Maryland, i.e., ZYTO and EVOX (for changing perceptions).
I graduated from The Academy for Five Element Acupuncture in Hallandale, Florida where I completed my clinicals with the late Dr. J.R. Worsley.
- Drew University, B.A. with honors
- Interfaith Seminary, Certificate in Spiritual Counseling
- Academy for Five Element Acupuncture, Master of Acupuncture
- American Institute of Hypnotherapy, Doctorate Clinical Hypnotherapy
- Nationally Certified in Acupuncture by the NCCA Maryland Acupuncture Licensure
- Colorpuncture Certification including CEUs in treating kids and facial rejuvenation
- Trained in Quantum Reflex Analysis (QRA) and clay detox
- Koryo Hand Therapy for pain relief (Dr. Yu)
- Trained in Plant Spirit Medicine with Elliot Cowan
- 40-Hour Course in Civil Mediation (MICPEL,University of Baltimore)
- Third-degree Reiki
- Advanced Mari-El healing
- Sixth-degree Omega healing
- Advanced Matrix Energetics
- Zyto and Evox practitioner training
- Infinity/Genius Energetic Balancing
- Soluna Detox Certification
I am a published author, poet, and artist. Learn more about these works.